Amazing Sloppy-Joe’s Recipe
A sloppy joe is a sandwich, originating in the United States, consisting of ground beef, onions, tomato sauce or ketchup and other seasonings, served on a hamburger bun. This Recipe is so GOOD you’ll have to pass it on.
Total Time:30 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Level: Easy
What is needed to make the BEST Sloppy-Joe’s you’ll ever taste.
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 can small red beans or pinto beans, preferably low sodium drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 whole-wheat burger buns
Brown the meat and the onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, breaking up the meat into crumbles as it cooks. Pour the drippings out of the pan and discard. Add the garlic, jalapeno, and red pepper and cook 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Stir in the rest of the ingredients, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes more. Place a half-cup scoop of the mixture onto each bun and serve
Source: Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger
Have a wonderful Wednesday and Happy Cooking!